Sunday, July 23, 2006

Aussie Pink Floyd

Actually went OUTSIDE last night! Went to see The Australian Pink Floyd at the Summer Pops Big Top, it was a really great gig! I'll never get to see the real Pink Floyd, so this was the closest I'm likely to get! I've only actually heard about 5 PinkFloyd albums, and this gig was a 'best of', so there were some songs I'd never heard before, but still enjoyed the whole thing. My favourite had to be the piece off Darkside of the Moon (one of the albums I know quite well), apparently called The Great Gig in the Sky (I never really took note of individual tracks names , with PF the whole album tends to blend into one!). The woman singing the vocals for that track was absolutely spot on, amazing! No actual words, just using the voice as a kind of instrument, I'd say she did it better than it was on the actual album!

One great thing about live gigs, is its LOUDER than any music I can play at home, SO loud that the drum beats vibrate your whole body, man what a great feeling!

I was thinking towards the end that one of the things I love about PinkFloyd is that it has a continuous sound running all the way through, and the songs appear to be built up and picked out from that sound. Made me think of how eastern religions refer to 'The sound of the Universe', PF take that, and warp and pull bits out of it to make music. . . Cool!

Shame they didn't play a complete album, but you can't have everything!
The time seemed to fly by, I enjoyed it so much! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home