Thursday, July 13, 2006

Visitors

This past week I have indulged in a lot more social interaction than I usually do, had my sister and her family staying for a few days, and then when she left my best friend came to visit with her baby, and we had a bit of a get together with some other friends. Nice but strange, I'm getting so used to spending all my time alone with the kids!
Spike was really ill for a while, he'd lost weight and was put on a special prescription diet and antibiotics, a day after starting the antibiotics he really perked up and is now a proper mad kitten again :) I take him back to the vets tomorow, but I can SEE he's made a full recovery!
My eldest daughter was 11 on Monday. She now has her first mobile phone (I've resisted her pleas for so long!). I felt so incredibly old signing a text message 'Mum x'
Tomorow is Bastille day. For some reason my kids school are making a huge deal of it, they're dressing up as famous french people (Nicole is going as Marie Antoinette and Callum is going as the man in the Iron Mask) Spent time today customising a summer skirt into a sticky outy skirt using bubble wrap and selotape-wish I'd known that you can now buy big dresses in woolworths like the one's worn in Pirates of the Carrabean! Still, ours is home-made, so will be unique, and the piece de resistance is the cotton wool wig I plan to sculpt onto her head in the morning! haha!
So, nothing exciting, deep or meaningful today, just a quick run-down of my terribly exciting life over the past week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnie1 said...

You got to beaware of the kid that goes into school on Bastille Day as the Marquis de Sade, LOL

Yay Jen, how is she ?

Say Happy B-Day to ya eldest from johnie (:

hope Spike's OK

8:43 AM  
Blogger samsarajade said...

Spikes doing great now! :)
Jen's ok, skint as ever.
:D

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home